You can settle up with anyone in a Kin by making a payment directly through the Kin app. If you haven't already added your card details in your profile settings, you'll be prompted to add it as a first step when making a payment through the app for the first time.
Once added, we'll store your card details securely, and the next time you make a payment, you can just select the stored card that you'd like to pay from.
TIP: You can only pay someone once they've successfully added their bank details. If they haven't added it, you can remind them from the Settle or the Overall Balances screen.
Making a payment in an existing Kin
- From the Settle screen, select the Pay button below the person that you'd like to pay.
- On the next screen, select Make Payment.
- You'll navigate to a confirmation screen, where you can still edit the amount you'd like to pay. Select Next.
NOTE: The person you're paying will receive the funds in up to 2 working days. The payment will be listed as 'Kin' on your card statement. For now, Kin subsidises transaction fees when you pay through the app. This one's on us.
- As an added security layer, you'll be asked to choose a PIN.
- If you're making a payment for the first time, you'll be prompted to enter your credit or debit card details. Toggle Store payment details for future use to on if you'd like to use this card to make payments in future.
- If you've stored card details before and want to make a payment using that card, just select it from STORED PAYMENT METHODS. You'll be prompted to enter your 3 digit Security Code or CVV. Once entered, select Pay.
- You'll be guided through your card issuing bank's 3D Secure process.
- Once authorised, the payment will be processed in real-time, and if successful, you'll see a payment successful confirmation screen.
Making a payment from the OVERALL BALANCES screen
You can also settle up with anyone that you owe to from the OVERALL BALANCES view from the home screen.
- Tap on the OVERALL BALANCES at the top oh your home screen. Then select any one of your connected people with a YOU OWE amount that you'd like to pay.
- On the following screen, you'll see all the balances that you have with that person. Tap on the YOU OWE balance that you'd like to pay.
- You'll be navigated through the payment flow. Follow the steps above to pay someone through the Kin app.