You can add transactions in two different ways - from within a Kin, and also from the home screen. Adding transactions from the home screen allows you to create a new Kin or easily add a transaction to an existing Kin.
TIP: Find out how to add transactions (paid and future) from an existing Kin.
Adding a expenses from the home screen
- From the home screen, select the + icon at the bottom.
- If you're new to Kin, you'll see a Start with an expense screen. Select Let's go.
- On the next screen, if you're new to Kin, you see an Access my contacts button. Tap it to access all the contacts on your mobile phone. You'll only need to do this once.
- If you have a pre-existing Kin, or if you've already added friends on Kin, you'll have the option to add the new expense with KINS, or FRIENDS ON KIN.
- If you're adding the expense with an existing Kin, choose the one you'd like to add it to.
NOTE: You can only add an expense to one Kin at a time.
- If you're adding the expense with FRIENDS ON KIN, or any of your CONTACTS, select them from the list. Choose as many as you're sharing the expense with.
TIP: When you select FRIENDS ON KIN or CONTACTS, an invite pop-up will display with invite options. You can choose to invite them right away, or invite them later from the Kin settings. FRIENDS ON KIN who already uses KIN will be added to the Kin automatically, and they'll receive an email notifying them, and a push notification if they have it enabled.
Add your paid or future expense on the next screen. Paid expenses are a record of things already done, and future expenses are an indication of planned transactions - money that might be spent, but hasn’t been spent yet.
- Once you've added your expense, your newly created Kin will display on the home screen, or if you've added an expense to an existing Kin, your overall balance in the Kin will update.